Apple pie filling
You will need:
- 6 C sliced peeled apples;
- 3/4 C apple juice concentrate (this is 1/2 of a 12 oz can);
- 1 1/4 C cold water,
- 1/4 C clear jel or tapioca starch;
- 1/2 C agave or honey;
- 1 tsp cinnamon;
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg;
- 1 Tbs lemon juice;
- 2 pie crusts
1. Assemble ingredients and preheat oven to 350
2. Peel, core and slice 6 C apples
3. Mix clear jel or tapioca starch with water
4. Mix apple juice concentrate, water with clear jel, lemon juice, agave, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium saucepan.
5. Stir over med-high heat until mixture thickens.
6. Add apples and toss to coat.
7. Pour pie filling into unbaked pie shell. Brush edges with water. Add top crust.
8. Cut off excess dough with a butter knife.
9. Shape edges of crust with fingers as shown.
10. Beat an egg with a fork.
11. Brush top of crust with egg mixture.
12. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes.