A creamy cheese sauce for dipping chips and many other things. When you taste it you say yum! When you see the ingredients that make it you think really?
You will need:
- 1 C water,
- 2 Tbs lemon juice,
- 1 sweet red bell pepper,
- 1/2 C raw cashews,
- 1 tsp onion powder,
- 1/4 C nutritional yeast,
- 2 tsp sea salt,
- dash red pepper flakes (optional).
- 1 C boiling water,
- 1/2 C clear jel (modified corn starch)
1. Assemble ingredients
2. Cut up red bell pepper and remove seeds
3. Place 1 C water, lemon juice, red bell pepper, cashews, onion powder, nutritional yeast, and sea salt in Vita Mix or Blend Tec blender. (Sorry a regular blender won't work for this)
4. Puree for about 5 minutes until you see heavy steam.
5. Add 1 cup boiling water and 1/2 C clear jel
6. Puree until thickened
7. "Cheese" sauce is excellent with corn tortilla chips. Store in refrigerator. Can be reheated in microwave if desired.