These chocolate truffles are tasty and actually good for you. How many treats fit that description?
You will need:
- 1 cup raw cashews,
- 1/3 C agave (or honey),
- 1/2 C cocoa powder,
- 1/2 tsp vanilla,
- pinch salt,
- 3/4 C unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Tbs chia seeds (optional)
- Additional unsweetened shredded coconut or chopped nuts for rolling
- food processor
1. Assemble ingredients
2. Soak cashews in hot water for 20 minutes. Drain.
3. Add drained cashews to food processor.
4. Add agave, chia seeds (optional), cocoa, vanilla and salt to food processor. Pulse until well blended..
5. Add dried coconut.
6. Pulse until well blended
7. Refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes.
8. Shape chilled mixture into balls.
9. Roll truffle balls in coconut or crushed nuts.