Easy apple crisp
You will need:
- 6 C peeled, sliced apples;
- 3/4 C apple juice concentrate (that's 1/2 of a 12 oz can);
- 1 1/4 C water,
- 1 Tbs lemon juice;
- 1/4 C clear jel or tapioca starch;
- 1 tsp cinnamon;
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg;
- 1/2 C agave or honey;
- 1/4 C melted butter (please see 'about' section to see why butter is usually okay even with a dairy free diet);
- 2 C gluten free granola (or 1 1/2 C rolled oats, 1/4 C gluten free flour, 1/4 C coconut flakes, 1/4 C crushed nuts)
1. Assemble ingredients and preheat oven to 350.
2. Peel, core and slice 6 C apples.
3. Mix clear jel (not instant) or tapioca starch with 1 1/4 C cold water.
4. Mix clear jel mixture, apple juice concentrate, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and agave in a medium saucepan.
5. Stir constantly over med-high heat until thickened.
6. Add apples to thickened sauce and mix.
7. Pour mixture into 9X13 pan
8. Top with granola (or 1 1/2 C rolled oats, 1/4 C gluten free flour, 1/4 C coconut flakes, and 1/4 C crushed nuts mixed together)
9. Pour melted butter over topping.
10. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes
Makes 8-12 servings