Garlic mashed potatoes
You will need:
- 3 1/2 lbs russet potatoes,
- 1/2 tsp sea salt,
- 4 cloves garlic,
- 5 Tbs butter (see "about" section to see why butter is usually okay with dairy free diet),
- 1 Tbs. olive oil,
- 3/4 C almond milk
1. Assemble ingredients
2. Peel and dice potatoes into 1/2 in cubes.
3. Place in a large saucepan, add salt and 2 cloves crushed garlic. Cover with water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are soft (about 30 minutes). Drain potatoes (save 2 cups of the drained potato water if you want to make gravy)
4. Saute 2 cloves garlic in 1 Tbs butter and 1 Tbs olive oil.
5. Add 4 Tbs butter and sauteed garlic to drained potatoes.
6. Mash with potato masher.
7. Add 3/4 C almond milk (more or less for desired consistency) and mash until creamy.
8. Serve with butter or gravy.