Granola is a quick and easy breakfast option
You will need:
- 5 C rolled oats,
- 1/2 C unsweetened coconut flakes,
- 1/3 C raw sunflower seeds (optional),
- 1/3 C chopped nuts (optional),
- 1/2 C water,
- 1/2 C coconut oil or canola oil,
- 1/4 C honey,
- 1/2 tsp salt,
- 2 tsp. cinnamon,
- 2 tsp. vanilla
1. Assemble ingredients and preheat oven to 350
2. Combine oats, coconut, and sunflower seeds and/or nuts in a large bowl.
3. Stir until evenly blended
4. Put water, oil, honey, salt, and cinnamon in a saucepan
5. Stir over med heat until blended. Turn off heat. Add vanilla.
6. Pour syrup over oat mixture.
7. Stir until evenly coated
8. Pour mixture onto baking sheet.
9. Spread evenly on baking sheet and place in oven preheated to 350
10. After 15 minutes stir mixture. Reduce heat to 325 and return to oven.
11. Bake an additional 10 minutes and stir again.
12. Bake an additional 10 minutes (35 minutes total) and remove from oven.
13. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container. Granola is great with almond milk as a breakfast cereal or as a parfait with coconut yogurt.
I always triple the recipe since we run out quickly.