Pancake mix made ahead can make mornings a lot simpler. Store in a ziplock bag or other airtight container for up to 30 days. Or store in freezer for up to 6 months.
You will need:
- 3 C multi-grain gluten free flour,
- 1 Tbs. baking powder,
- 2 tsp. baking soda,
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 C shortening
1. Assemble ingredients
2. Mix all dry ingredients and add shortening
3. Mix and cut in shortening until mixture is well mixed and crumbly. Store in an airtight container and use within 3 months
4. To make pancakes add 1 cup almond milk, 1 egg, 1 Tbs. vinegar, and 3 Tbs. agave to 1 1/2 C pancake mix
5. Add all ingredients to a bowl.
6. Mix until well blended
7. Preheat griddle to 350. Pour 1/4 cup mix for each pancake
8. Turn over when rising bubbles begin to pop.
9. Top with berry syrup